JOVEN BUSCAR BARRANCO
MUNICIPAL ENVIRONMENTAL & NATURAL RESOURCES OFFICER
To waste, to destroy our natural resources, to skin and exhaust the land instead of using it so as to increase its usefulness, will result in undermining in the days of our children the very prosperity which we ought by right to hand down to them amplified and developed.
- Function Statement:
The MENRO shall take charge of the Municipal Environment and Natural Resources Office and shall perform the function under Section 17 of the Republic Act 7160 otherwise known as the Local Government Code of 1991.
To manage, conserve, preserve and protect the environment and natural resources of the Municipality.
- Formula measures for the consideration of the Sanggunian and provide technical assistance and support to the Local Chief Executive in carrying out measures to ensure the delivery of basic services and provision of adequate facilities relative to environment and natural resources.
- Develop plans and strategies for environment and natural resources programs and projects and implement them upon approval thereof by the Mayor.
- Establish, maintain, protect and preserve communal forest, watershed, tree, parks, mangroves, greenbelt and similar forest projects and commercial forest like industrial tree farm and agro-forestry projects.
- Provide extension services to the beneficiaries of forest development projects and render assistance to the natural resources of forest conservation and utilization activities consistent with ecological balance.
- Promote small scale mining and utilization of mineral resources particularly mining of gold.
- Coordinate with government agencies and NGOs in the implementation of measures to prevent and control land, air and water pollution with the assistance of DENR.
- Be in the frontline of the delivery of services concerning the environment and natural resources, particularly in the renewal and rehabilitation of the environment during and in the aftermath of manmade and natural calamities and disasters.
- Recommend to the Sanggunian and advice the Local Chief Executive on all matters relative to the protection, conservation, maximum utilization, application of appropriate technology and other matters related to the environment and natural resources.
- Contact No.: 09317752747 / 09164656516
- Landline No.: 320-2017
- Facebook Page: Menro-Janiuay
- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org